Note: you may consider using HTTP upload method for FogBugz instead of using FogBugz API. See FogBugz setup for more detailed description; see FogBugz: using HTTP upload for detailed manual on HTTP Upload setup for FogBugz.
FogBugz send method options
1. "URL" (.SendFogBugzURL) option specifies target URL for your ForBugz installation. Do not add here "http://" or ":80" parts here. Specify only domain name (or IP) and path. Example: www.example.com/fogbugz/ or account.fogbugz.com
Warning: be sure to setup adequate maximum upload file limits in your web-server/FogBugz configuration. Otherwise sending may fail on large bug reports.
2. "Port" (.SendFogBugzPort) option specifies HTTP port on web server. It's 80 by default. Other common value is 8080. For SSL/TLS it's usually 443. Port will be set automatically to 80/443 by default.
3. "SSL / TLS" (.SendFogBugzSSL) option enabled secure mode (HTTPS protocol). Port will be set automatically to 80/443 by default. Don't forget to adjust port number, if you are using an alternative port number.
4. "Login" (.SendFogBugzLogin) and "Password" (.SendFogBugzPassword) options specify your account on FogBugz server. This account will be used to submit bug reports. You can use API token instead of password - leave login field blank in this case.
Warning: your real account's data will be stored inside application. Even if it's encrypted - it's still stored inside .exe, so it can be stolen. DO NOT use FogBugz admin account here. Create a new special account for bug reporting via this method. Limit its rights to submitting only. As alternative - you can always use anonymous submission or BugzScout - that way you will not store any credentials in your application.
Note: it is a good idea to disable e-mail notifications for this account.
5. "Proxy" (.SendFogBugzProxyHost, .SendFogBugzProxyPort, .SendFogBugzProxyLogin, .SendFogBugzProxyPassword) options specify proxy details. You can leave them blank to use system-provided settings. Or you can fill these values to set custom proxy.
6. "BasicAuth" (.SendFogBugzBasicAuthLogin, .SendFogBugzBasicAuthPassword) options specify account details for Basic-Auth type authentication. Usually these fields are blank. Fill them, if you use Basic-Auth on your web server.
7. "Connect" button will try to connect to your FogBugz server using the specified URL/port/credentials. If you made a mistake in your configuration - an error message will be displayed. In case of success - field below will be populated from configuration of your bug tracker.
8. "Project" (.SendFogBugzProject) options specifies project name to store bug reports. It's mandatory.
9. "Assign to" (.SendFogBugzOwner) option specifies owner account name. If this option is empty, all submitted bug reports will be assigned to default account (which is usually a submitter account). If you enter here any account name (it could be the same as "Login" option) - all submitted bug reports will be assigned to this account.
Note: this option is ignored, if submitted bug report already exists (submitting a known issue).
10. "Category" (.SendFogBugzCategory) option specifies category for submitted reports. If this option is empty, all submitted bug report will belong to default category (which is usually "Bug" category). If you enter any category name here - all submitted bug reports will belong to the specified category.
11. "Area" (.SendFogBugzArea) option specifies area for submitted reports. If this option is empty, all submitted bug report will be assigned to default area (which is usually "Misc" area). If you enter any area name here - all submitted bug reports will be assigned to the specified area.
12. "BugID field name" (.SendFogBugzBugIDFieldName) option specified name of custom field which EurekaLog can use to store BugID. While name can be a "user-friendly"-name (such as 'Bug ID') - we strongly recommend to use "internal"-name (such as 'plugin_customfields_at_fogcreek_com_bugidv21'). Leave empty if you don't need standalone place to store BugID. It is purely optional, as EurekaLog will use internal BugzScout hash for merging.
13. "Use e-mail fields" (.SendFogBugzUseEMail) option enables storing client's e-mail as "Correspondent" in ticket.
14. "Use computer field" (.SendFogBugzUseComputer) option instructs EurekaLog to use first custom field in FogBugz: "Computer". Disable this option, if you've renamed this field and/or use it for other purposes.
15. "Use version field" (.SendFogBugzUseVersion) option instructs EurekaLog to use second custom field in FogBugz: "Version". Disable this option, if you've renamed this field and/or use it for other purposes.
16. "Upload bug report files for duplicates until bug is closed" (.SendFogBugzUploadFilesForDups) option allows you to collect all bug reports. If this option is unchecked (default): only first bug report is uploaded and stored. All other bug reports for the same problem (identified by BugID) will be discarded. Only "Occurrences" field will be increased. If this option is checked: bug reports for the same problem will be uploaded to issue.
Disabling bug report collecting for issue
See also: issues workflow.
17. "Append bug report text to description" (.SendFogBugzAppendText) option allows you to insert bug report's text into "Description" field. It's convenient, if you need to peek bug report without downloading bug report file. You can turn this option off, if you don't need this behaviour.
Note: checking this option will not disable bug report file upload. File will still be attached.
18. "Append only call stack instead of full report" (.SendFogBugzUseCallStackAsBugReport) option alters previous option. Disabled: full bug report text will be added (e.g. general section, call stack, modules, processes, CPU/assembler, etc.); Enabled: only call stack will be added (you will still be able to view full bug report by downloading file attach).
19. "Append bug opening link to "Success" message" (.SendFogBugzAllowLinks) option will add a link to view bug report on FogBugz to message dialog after successful send. So end user (client) will be able to view status of the report on your bug tracker (read-only limited access).
This option has no effect if successful message dialog is disabled. Turn this option on for public bug trackers. Turn this option off for private bug trackers.
"Append bug opening link to "Success" message" option is enabled
"Append bug opening link to "Success" message" option is disabled
Note: active hyper-link will work on Windows Vista or later. It will be displayed as plain text on Windows XP and earlier.