GitHub send method options
Important: GitHub does not support file attaches. Be sure to create "eurekalog_reports" branch to store bug report files.
1. "URL" (.SendGitHubURL) option specifies target URL for your GitHub installation. Do not add here "http://" or ":80" parts here. Specify only domain name (or IP) and path. Example: github.com/
2. "Port" (.SendGitHubPort) option specifies HTTP port on web server. It's 80 by default. Other common value is 8080. For SSL/TLS it's usually 443. Port will be set automatically to 80/443 by default.
3. "SSL / TLS" (.SendGitHubSSL) option enabled secure mode (HTTPS protocol). Port will be set automatically to 80/443 by default. Don't forget to adjust port number, if you are using an alternative port number.
4. "Repo owner" (.SendGitHubLogin) option specifies repository owner on GitHub server. "Project" option (see below) specifies repository, which should belong to this account.
5. "Token" (.SendGitHubPassword) option specifies your account on GitHub server. This account will be used to submit bug reports. You can create a new API Key in your GitHub project profile.
6. "Proxy" (.SendGitHubProxyHost, .SendGitHubProxyPort, .SendGitHubProxyLogin, .SendGitHubProxyPassword) options specify proxy details. You can leave them blank to use system-provided settings. Or you can fill these values to set custom proxy.
7. "Connect" button will try to connect to your GitHub server using the specified URL/port/credentials. If you made a mistake in your configuration - an error message will be displayed. In case of success - field below will be populated from configuration of your bug tracker.
8. "Project" (.SendGitHubProject) options specifies repository name to store bug reports. It's mandatory. Project name is case-insensitive.
9. "Opened statuses" (.SendGitHubOpenedStatuses) option specifies which statuses indicate that issue is NEW. The list can contain one of more values. Separate individual values with semicolon (";"). This option is case insensitive.
See also: issues workflow.
10. "Closed statuses" (.SendGitHubClosedStatuses) option specifies which statuses indicate that issue is CLOSED. The list can contain one of more values. Separate individual values with semicolon (";"). This option is case insensitive.
See also: issues workflow.
11. "Add environment to labels" (.SendGitHubUseEnvironment) option instructs EurekaLog to use add store PC and OS information in labels for the issue. Disable this option to disable this behavior. Please note that EurekaLog will still fill a minimal amount of information to labels (such as BugID).
12. "Post bugs only for released builds" (.SendGitHubUseVersion) option instructs EurekaLog to check released versions ("tags") before posting a new issue. Disable this option to always post bugs regardless of version of your application.
13. "Search match up to N numbers" (.SendGitHubMinVersion) option specifies how version search is performed.
Because bug tracker may create versions in an arbitrary format (like "Version 1" or "7.3 hotfix 2"), and application uses 4 numbers format (like "184.108.40.206") - EurekaLog has to perform heuristic search:
This option indicate when EurekaLog need to stop when searching version:
We recommend to use value of 4 for this option, because it greatly reduces possible ambiguity. However, it will mean that you have to enter each build (even very minor one) of your application in your bug tracker's configuration.
Value of 1 means using very wide criteria. We do not recommend to use it. If you are still going to use it - be sure not to enter too much sub-versions in your bug tracker, especially with added text.
Values of 2 and 3 are a good compromise.
14. "Upload bug report files for duplicates until bug is closed" (.SendGitHubUploadFilesForDups) option allows you to collect all bug reports. If this option is unchecked (default): only first bug report is uploaded and stored. All other bug reports for the same problem (identified by BugID) will be discarded. Only "Weight" field will be increased (if it is available). If this option is checked: bug reports for the same problem will be uploaded to issue.
See also: issues workflow.
15. "Append bug report text to additional information" (.SendGitHubAppendText) option allows you to insert bug report's text into "Description" field. It's convenient, if you need to peek bug report without downloading bug report file. You can turn this option off, if you don't need this behavior.
Note: checking this option will not disable bug report file upload. File will still be attached.
16. "Append only call stack instead of full report" (.SendGitHubUseCallStackAsBugReport) option alters previous option. Disabled: full bug report text will be added (e.g. general section, call stack, modules, processes, CPU/assembler, etc.); Enabled: only call stack will be added (you will still be able to view full bug report by downloading file attach).
17. "Append bug opening link to "Success" message" (.SendGitHubAllowLinks) option will add a link to view bug report on GitHub to message dialog after successful send. So end user (client) will be able to view status of the report on your bug tracker (login is required).
This option has no effect if successful message dialog is disabled. Turn this option on for public bug trackers. Turn this option off for private bug trackers.
"Append bug opening link to "Success" message" option is enabled
"Append bug opening link to "Success" message" option is disabled
Note: active hyper-link will work on Windows Vista or later. It will be displayed as plain text on Windows XP and earlier.